Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Opening and closing the bonnet
Fig. 172 The bonnet release lever is
located in the driver side footwell.
Fig. 173 Release lever for opening the
bonnet in the radiator grille
First read and observe the introductory
information and safety warnings
Opening the bonnet
The lever for opening the bonnet can only be operated when the driver door is
- Please ensure that the windscreen wiper arms are lying on the windscreen
before opening the bonnet вЂ‰.
- Pull the release lever in the direction of the arrow вЂ‰. The bonnet is
released from its lock by a spring mechanism вЂ‰.
- Lift the bonnet at the release lever вЂ‰ (arrow) and open fully. The
bonnet is held in the open position by the gas-filled strut.
Closing the bonnet
- To close the bonnet, pull it down to overcome the gas strut pressure вЂ‰.
- Let the bonnet drop into the catches вЂ“ do not press it down!
If the bonnet is not closed, open it again and close it properly.
The bonnet will be flush with the body parts around it once it has been
closed properly. The indicator lamp in the instrument cluster will no longer be
lit up вЂ‰ .
If the bonnet is not closed properly, it could open suddenly while you are
driving and completely obscure your view of the road. This could lead to
accidents and serious injuries.
- After closing the bonnet, always check that it is properly secured. The
bonnet must be flush with the surrounding body panels.
- If you notice that the bonnet is not closed properly while the vehicle
is in motion, stop the vehicle as soon as possible and close the bonnet.
- Therefore the bonnet should only be opened or closed when you are sure
that nobody is in its path.
- The bonnet should only be opened when the wiper arms are flush to the
windscreen in order to avoid damage to the bonnet and the windscreen wiper
- Always fold the windscreen wiper arms back onto the windscreen before
The following jobs should always be carried out in the given
order before working in the engine compartment вЂ‰:
Park the vehicle on a level and stable
Depress and hold the br ...
Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual. Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
→ Warning lamp
→ Opening the tailgate
→ Closing the tailgate
Additional information and warnings:
Central locking system
Volkswagen Touran Service Manual. Winter tires
On "M-and-S-tires", the tread pattern, tread compound or
type are designed such that the handling characteristics in snow
are improved compared to a normal tire. This is especially true
when initiating or maintaining vehicle m ...
2017-2022 © Copyright www.sooja.site